4 Ocak 2020 Cumartesi

THE EASIEST WAY TO PREPARE QUESTIONS: HOT POTATOES

HELLO FRIENDS,




          Teachers should always be prepared for the lesson. In this post I will mention about an easy way to prepare worksheet or quizzes for teachers: HOT POTATOES


          Sometimes I find it hard to prepare a paper or an exam for my classes. As a teacher and so intertwined with technology, I discovered a program. The name of the program is Hot Potatoes. 

          Briefly, it is a program where you can prepare classic, multiple choice tests and transfer them on the web. After preparing an application that does not require internet connection. HP software was developed by the University of Victoria. It is a free program. Moreover, you do not need to know extra computer skills for this program. It is quite simple to use.



Some of features:

It consists of 6 parts:

  •  Gap Filling (Jcloze)
  •  Multiple Choice (Jquiz)
  •  Matching Exercise (Jmatch)
  •  Creating Meaningful Sentences from Mixed Sentences (Jmix)
  •  Puzzle Preparation (JCross)
  •  Creating Unit Logic (Jmasher)


How we can use this program?

  • First of all you should download the program( you can download from here: https://hotpot.uvic.ca/ ) and setup is quite simple but it can vary according to the computer model.
  • Then you should assign a username for yourself 
  • Finally you can choose which kind of questions you want to prepare

         Because of New Year's Eve, I prepared a song activity for my primary school students.Also, I prepared a vocabulary test for my secondary school students. But I believe I will use this program even more. You can  add clues and shape them as you like while preparing your questions.You can do a lot of  worksheets that students can use not only in the classroom, but also after class.

Here, there are some examples which I made using this application:
file:///C:/Users/Sude/Desktop/vocabulary%20test1.htm
file:///C:/Users/Sude/Desktop/JINGLE%20BELLS%20LYCRIS.htm


SEE YOU🤹‍♀️








2 yorum: